Because of its peaceful atmosphere, the “Maison“ allows your loved one to engage in activities that he likes while being cared for by our staff and our team of loving volunteers. Knowing that their loved ones are safe, caregivers can really enjoy quality time without worrying. In a way, it’s a place our caregivers rely on when they need a little bit of a holiday or a break from their delicate and heavy responsibilities.
Brome-Missisquoi Caregivers Support Group (BMCSG) has an important role and that is to give the caregivers a chance to rest, to express their needs and feelings, to be listened to with empathy and compassion, to be given support and tools that will help them to better assist their loved ones when need be.
Our group’s responsibility is to support and encourage very special people who fully deserve and are entitled to appreciation and by all means improve their quality of life.
Eligibility for Respite Services
The loved one should:
- Be able to make his transfers or need minimal physical help from our staff. He must not need a lift in order to be moved;
- Be able to feed himself or need minimal help from our staff;
- Doesn’t suffer from severe epilepsy;
- Doesn’t need to receive injections;
- Doesn’t need oxygen or if he does, must provide his own equipment and be able to make necessary adjustments if required;
- Doesn’t have a tendency to leave the group home alone;
Doesn’t suffer from severe incontinence. In case of light incontinence, the necessary kits should be supplied to our staff.
Our flexible approach offers a well-deserved break to the caregivers. The caregivers can come alone for scheduled activities or simply to take advantage of the peaceful ambiance of the “Maison”, the loved one can come alone to participate in the activities organized by our staff or simply to relax with us. The caregiver and the loved one are both welcomed together to spend quality time with our team.
Respite at home
The In-Home Respite Care is available to seniors or disabled adults who are isolated and confined to their homes. Supervised volunteers are trained and offer a variety of in-home physical and recreational activities on a one-to-one basis. Activities are tailored to individual interests and levels of functioning. The caregiver can use this service a few hours per week.
This program offered in cooperation with the CSSS La Pommeraie is offered on Tuesdays and Fridays at Maison Gilles-Carle from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (reserved for loved ones over 65 years old of age).
The Drop-In Program provides caregivers with respite by organizing activities for their loved ones who have a physical and/or cognitive impairment or mental health issue. Seniors suffering from a loss of autonomy, who would otherwise remain isolated in their homes, benefit from group activities that are tailored to their individual needs. These activities are conducted by trained staff and volunteers. The special characteristics of this program include:
- A philosophy that provides caregivers with free time according to their schedule and their need for respite;
- A flexible schedule that permits caregivers to use from one to four hours of respite according to their schedule;
- Innovative group activities designed to provide cognitive, physical and creative stimulation (i.e. arts and crafts, music therapy, holiday parties, etc.).
- Support and information for caregivers.
COST OF RESPITE SERVICES
*Morining excluding meals 10.00$ (8:30 to 12:30 am)
*Afternoon without meals 10.00$ (12:30 to 4:30 pm)
*Evening 10.00$ (5 to 9 pm)
56 hour respite Friday moring to Sunday afternoon, subsidised and free of cost (donations accepted to support other participants)
with 3 snacks and 3 meal 25.00$
*Fees are charged for snacks and meals. Participants may also bring their own food.
*Complete snack : 2.50$ Complete meal (soup, main dish, dessert) : 7.50$