2021-2022 Expansion Project for Maison Gilles-Carles de Brome-Missisquoi
Enhancement of Services Offered by BMCSG
On November 11th, 2021, The Brome-Missisquoi Caregiver Support Group (BMGSG) was very pleased to launch a major project, the expansion of Maison Gilles-Carle de Brome-Missisquoi, which will lead to an enhancement of services for caregivers and their loved ones in the region.
The growing demand for our day and overnight respite services, psychosocial support services and the lack of space to adequately respond to the needs of our community's caregivers have prompted us to undertake this expansion. The new layout of Maison Gilles-Carle de Brome-Missisquoi will include the following improvements:
- Addition of two rooms for respite care in order to accommodate six individuals for the night instead of four;
- Expansion of common areas, including the dining room, to be able to seat more people and for an improved offering of activities for assisted individuals;
- Reorganization of a closed room for more privacy during meetings/discussions;
- New outdoor terrace at the back of the house;
- Increased security of the premises through, among other things, the installation of a generator.
These major renovations, which should be completed by May 2022, are essential to the continuity of our mission for the Caregiver Support Group and will undoubtedly contribute to improving the quality of life of our service users.
The organization wishes to assure the population that even if a little noise and a lot of dust are to be expected during this period, no interruption of services is planned during the work.