Are you a caregiver?
A caregiver is a family member or friend who takes care of a loved one with a temporary or permanent incapacity due to illness, a disability or advanced aged.
You are a caregiver if you help your loved one with the following tasks:
- Reminding to take medication;
- Cooking meals;
- Performing household tasks;
- Doing the shopping;
- Helping with getting dressed;
- Assisting with daily hygiene tasks;
- Coordinating appointments;
- Handling personal finances;
- Managing health care.
Being a caregiver is simply assisting someone you love or care for in order to maintain their quality of life and overall well-being.