Individual and group psychosocial support
- Individual consultations
- Discussion workshops
- Coffee meetings
- Community lunches
In the Community on the Brome-Missisquoi Territory:
- Our Caregiver Support Counsellors can visit organizations and groups by invitation to present our services.
- Individual consultations on a regular basis when warranted (2 to 3 persons).
- Individual consultations in specific situations.
- Coffee meetings and discussion workshops in response to requests from the community.
These services are available in English and in French.
Our respite services are for adults with a temporary or permanent incapacity due to illness, a disability or advanced aged.
Our day respite services are available 7 days/week upon reservation. Arrivals start at 8:30 am and departures must be made before 4:30 pm. The cost is $15 for one day and $7.50 for half a day. Meals and snacks are included.
Our overnight respite services are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week for stays of 1 to 14 consecutive nights. Reservations must be made in advance. Arrivals and departures are at 4:30 pm. The cost is $25 per night (24 hours) and meals are included.
Reserve in Advance
For all respite services, a file is opened by our Caregiver Support Counsellors with the caregiver and the person being cared for. Relationships are established between our respite coordinator and your pivot counsellor from the CIUSSSS. This liaison is essential to ensure the quality and continuity of care and services. Care provided in our home follows Bill 90 under an agreement with the CIUSSSS.
Admission criteria for respite services
The person cared for:
- Can do transfers alone or with the help of a person, but does not need a lift;
- Does not need tube feeding;
- Does not suffer from severe epilepsy;
- If oxygen is required, must have the equipment and be able to adjust it;
- Does not wander or run away;
- Does not demonstrate violence or aggressiveness;
- Does not suffer from serious incontinence. If mild incontinence is present, the individual must provide their own protection;
- Can be supported in a 1:4 ratio;
- Must have obtained a score of 50% on the PPSV2 scale (an evaluation may be requested);
- Must be in stable condition;
- Priority is given to home caregivers.
For all services offered by the organization, the caregiver must be a member and pay an annual fee of $10.